Ten Things I Love About Teaching
1. Teaching younger faeries about their powers gives me great pride. I contribute to the future of our world by mentoring others.
2. I get to give back to my instructors by mentoring others. It's my way of saying thank you to them for teaching me.
3. It's great to see the light shine in my students eyes when they master their powers or when they reach a new skill level. It makes me happy that they are happy.
4. I have the thrill of meeting so many other faeries. I love being surrounded by so many smart and dedicated faeries and making new friends.
5. I continue to learn from my students even as I teach them.
6. As an assistant to many of the other teachers, I have the joy of knowing I am helping them. Teaching can be stressful at times, but I'm glad I can help make it less so for them.
7. When my students succeed, I succeed too. The best part of my career is at graduation and seeing the students receive their Mastery medallions.
8. Some days I work with small faes (ages 5 to 10). I love teaching them about faery history. That age is so inquisitive. I get excited being in the same room with them as their exuberance is contagious.
9. Another great thing about working with the younger ones is I get to see them again years later when they enter University. It's wonderful to grow up and learn along side them.
10. Teaching gives my life purpose.