10 Things I Miss From the Year 400 B.C.
By Jalmari ta Korento
1. Eating raw meat wasn’t abnormal.
2. Politics was much easier. Fights were easier to settle. Eye for an eye, or death.
3. Humans knew we existed. No need to hide … or not as much as we do now.
4. Doing most everything with your bare hands, no technology.
5. Humans were much more gullible and respectful. Tell them you were a god, and they’d worship you. Or call you a demon. Either way, they knew better than to mess with my kind.
6. No modern weapons. We had the upper hand in battles.
7. Open, undeveloped land. Space to breathe.
8. Public Greek bathing houses. I don’t think that needs an explanation.
9. Women were easier to please. Didn’t expect much, didn’t complain as much.
10. Food was easy to come by, lots of defenseless humans. Lots of causalities from battles. Also, more large animals.